Sunday, April 9, 2017

CCR PREP

For the past 24+ hours I'I've been on and off of flights so i have not been able to blog, but right now I will quickly share my "script" to my CCR. I put script in quotation marks because it's not really a script per say, just an outline of what I'll be saying. It'/ the following:

Ccr
How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
Social issues: It's important to be exposed to different cultures and sceneries. I think today's big problem in accepting others is that many people don't take the time to put themselves in other's shoes. Many of today's issues could be tackled by just being INFORMED of other places, other lifestyles, and other cultures. These are beautiful aspects of life that should be embraced rather than limited, which is what I'm trying to do with this magazine. My idea is to encourage people to get out of their comfort zone and explore something new. Not only is it a fun experience, but it's always enriching to see how others get by and how and why their customs differ from our own. I know many people who aren't driven to travel. It's not that they don't want to, they'd just rather stay in the "comfort" of their home, their food, and their people. I want to challenge this. As I mentioned in my blog, one of my main focuses is to make this blog less word-y and more pic-y. I am trying to target a younger audience than travel ,magazines usually do. These ,magazine normally are directed to medium-high class people who can afford trips. I would like to influence a younger group of people so that they are driven to see the world and get out there.

How does your project engage with audience and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
My product will include insane trips as well as accessible ones. It includes features of all kinds of people, therefore engaging all kinds of people. These magazines already have an older people reader base but I will build he younger one through the visuals. Nowadays, art is coming back in as a part of the hipster trend, and visually appealing products is what it's all about, that's how I'll engage my younger audience. Also, since nowadays everything is through technology, my project's main distribution will be through apps and the internet. Again, referring back to the hipster trend, this choice is ecofriendly, something the hipsters support. Instead of wasting SO much of our distribution through print, only a small portion directed to the older audience will be printed.

How did your project skills developed throughout this product?
- Time management
- Writing
- Time management
- Pic editing
- Digital editing
- Peer critique

How did you integrate technologies in this project?
Pictures: iPhone, GoPro, canon
Software: Canva - mixed feelings
Upload/ production: online
Everything - laptop



No comments:

Post a Comment